Why we need change in Britain today
This leaflet was spotted by a volunteer
in North Ayrshire and Arran
on Monday, 26 Apr, 2010.
Published by Conservative and Unionist Party
"Personal Message" from David Cameron: Conservative party has energy and ideas to change Britain after people feel let down by Labour. Cameron personally committed to the NHS wants to protect the spending and improve the service. Will tackle debt; stop Labour's "job tax"; 7/10 people will be better off under Conservatives than under Labour.
Conservatives will: continue to press for 2-year Council Tax freeze; raise basic state pension in line with earnings; and protect winter fuel payments, free bus passes and TV licences for older people. Will make Britain most family-friendly country in Europe and will press for an increase in the number of health visitors in Scotland.
60-second Q&A with the Conservative candidate Philip Lardner.
- Promises to be different and defend common sense.
- Says he will put hard work, family values, real jobs, personal responsibility, integrity and fairness at the top of his agenda.
- Already lobbied the Shadow Defence and Energy Ministers with view to creating and maintaining jobs in the area.
- Will continue to seek inward investment in the area.
- Says he can win after Conservatives came 2nd in the 2005 General Election.
- Not a "Tory Toff", brought up in a Council House and went to a State School
Has Supported local issues including leading beach clean-ups; fighting plans for the coal-power station at Hunterston; lobbied to secure jobs in the area; helped protect red squirrels; opposed wind turbines in Clyde Muirshiel Park; promoted nominations from towns across N Ayrshire for grants from the Â£60m Regeneration Fund won by the Tories from the SNP at Holyrood.
Brief biography of Philip Lardner and contact details.